Environmental Commission Goals
The Environmental Commission is made up individuals from across the 4 districts of Elk Township with varying backgrounds and expertise. Goals of the Commission are:
• Research and make recommendations about the use of open space and land preservation.
• Study and make recommendations regarding the protection of the environment in Elk Township.
• Develop a tree ordinance for the preservation of our trees and to mitigate the negative impact of development in our growing township.
• Research grants for wildlife parks.
• Research subdivision water quality calculations including the NJDEP Nitrate/Nitrogen model for septic systems.
• Monitor current environmental and conservation issues with respect to on-going development in Elk Township.
• We will work closely with the Township Committee and the Planning/Zoning Board to evaluate the potential environmental impacts of their decisions and actions in Elk.